July 27, 2005
A Weaselly Business
Weasel Wardancer, a Weaseltrek fan, wrote to us to let us know that his weasel Rodney discovered our site. It's always good to hear from the IKEA cousins...
In more sobering news, we thought we'd share with everyone the current known state of all the weasels:
- Anka: with a friend of ours, but accidentally put in storage for the summer.
- Annika: with us!
- Enfald: Lost. Never returned by last keeper. last keeper has not responded to email for months.
- Freja: with Kevin of Beans around the World. We still have more photos to post!
- Halta: is now back with us at long last. No photos.
- Kalle: just arrived back from Ireland. In my hands.
- Kanin: in Washington, DC, accounted for. Haven't heard anything in a while, but with someone we know personally, so not lost.
- Kjell: I was notified a few days ago that Kjell is en route to Japan.
- Leende: Singapore. just arrived back from Singapore (Sept 16)! No photos, though.
- Leka: I think we're expecting some photos from the Dominican Republic later this summer.
- Linnea: Israel. Lost. Keeper confirmed receipt, but has not answered email since March.
- Magda: Australia? I'm not sure. Possibly lost. Haven't heard anything in a while. I think this one might have gotten lost in the mail on the way down under.
- Utforksa: Lost in Norway. Possibly findable, though; working on it.
- Vandra: Just returned from a tour of Europe. We have Vandra here.
- Vilse: Lost in the mail.
So there you have it - seven months,
seven five lost weasels.
Posted by dmd at 1:32 PM
July 14, 2005
Weasel in the Heartland
Freja, our most well-traveled weasel, ventured across the midwest with Kevin of Beans Around the World. Here she is at the Ice Cream Capitol of the World in LeMars, Iowa. LeMars is home to Blue Bunny Ice Cream's manufacturing plants, where they make Bomb Pops, SpongeBob ice cream bars, and lots and lots of square half gallon cartons.
Freja goes to the mall! The United States' largest mall, the Mall of America (in Bloomington, Minnesota) has 400 or so stores, about 60 restaurants, a movie theater, an aquarium, an amusement park ("Camp Snoopy"), and lots and lots of parking spaces. Basically, it boils down to "if you've seen one mall, you've seen them all". But to visit once just to say that you did? It's worth it. Here's Freja acting as Linus' pro tem security blanket.
Red Wing, Minnesota: Home to Red Wing shoes - ask Grandpa; he probably owns a pair or two. It's Red Wing Shoes' 100th anniversary, so they had 100 statues of boots around town on the street corners, each one decorated differently.
Rochester, Minnesota is home to the Mayo Clinic, but Freja was feeling just fine, so she headed over to the World's Largest Ear of Corn instead, at a Libby-s canning facility.
Freja pays her respects to Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and The Big Bopper, near the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake, Iowa where they played their final concert.
The Twins took on the Detroit Tigers (Twins 6, Tigers 2) at the Hubert Humphrey Metrodome, though Freja seemed to have her eye on the hot dog vendors.
Posted by dmd at 10:31 PM